A common quick fix for the yawns is an unhealthy dose of sugar. Meet the ultimate weekend brunch: Gourdough’s. Can’t go wrong with Big. Fat. Donuts.
The Gourdough’s trailer drew quite the crowd for Sunday brunch. And the menu was just insane. The first five menu items:
- Mother Clucker, fried chicken strip with honey butter
- Flying Pig, bacon with maple syrup icing
- Miss Shortcake, cream cheese icing with fresh cut strawberries
- Slow Burn, habanero pepper jelly with cream cheese topping
- Porkey’s, Canadian bacon, cream cheese & jalapeno jelly
They also have Dublin Dr. Pepper, made with real sugar.
Everything’s bigger in Texas. Did you know a donut could require a knife & fork?
J. with her Son of a Peach. Peach filling, cinnamon, sugar & cake mix topping.
C. gladly finished his Flying Pig, bacon with maple syrup icing.
The Cherry Bombs, glazed cherry-topped holes, cinnamon, sugar & cake mix topping. It was a sad moment in my life when I realized I could not finish them all.